Translate

Friday, April 5, 2013

Balsamic-up Barbecue Sauce




Yield 1 Cup




Hey, that chicken looks burnt. It's the skin. It's Okay. I finally have a grill.

It’s been well over five years since I last grilled anything; I never wrote down any of my barbecue grilling sauce recipes until now. This one was good, sweet and sour; I used it on chicken, and I hope you like it as much as I did.

I marinated two breast and two wings overnight. I heated up the grill to a low to medium heat. The wings took about 7 minutes on each side, and I basted them with sauce twice (once when I placed them on the grill and once when I flipped them over). The breast took about 20-25 minutes, and I basted them the same. What ever sauce I had left over, was enough to wet the chicken pieces for serving; plenty of sauce for the amount of chicken used.  I also had left-over, cooked bacon fat (hickory smoked flavor), so I added a Tablespoon of the fat to the sauce just before grilling. Garlic toast would be another good side to this chicken and sauce.

Barbecue Sauce

Ingredients

  • ½ cup balsamic vinegar
  • ½ cup ketchup
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 Tablespoon clove honey
  • 2 Tablespoons mustard (Spicy or Regular)
  • ½ Tablespoon lemon
  • ½ teaspoon onion powder
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon black pepper Ingredients


Directions

Bring to a boil while stirring in all the ingredients, one at a time. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes while sauce reduces and thickens.  Keep refrigerated.