Translate

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Potato Salad With Egg Parsley and Dill


Yield about 2 pints


I purchased small (not tiny) yellow potatoes from Trader Joes. They were great for breakfast, and other meals but I had to make a salad to satisfy my craving. I always end up with too much; I know my neighbor will eat it up!



No exact measurements really:)

Boil 7 small cubed (½” cubes) potatoes until tender (not falling apart, taste the potato and feel the texture after 5 minutes of boiling. Keep checking the potatoes until you like the texture). During the last minute of boiling, add a couple handfuls of chopped celery, ½ handful of chopped white onion, few pinches of parsley, and a few pinches of dill (I used frozen herbs). Drain and cool for about 15 minutes in the refrigerator (The celery should still be crispy, just not too hard compared to the other ingredients.)

Remove salad from the refrigerator. In a large bowl, add a little mayonnaise at a time and mix in increments by folding it over, and gently mixing. Add enough mayonnaise to coat but still see that it is potato salad :) Cube one hard boiled egg, and fold that in last with a sprinkle of black pepper

Add salt if you like but there is salt in the mayonnaise already. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour prior to serving or if you prefer, serve it at room temperature.



This will keep for a few days in the refrigerator.