I stumbled into using this sauce on tater tots one day; I had left over chili sauce from a restaurant; I tried it and was hooked. This recipe sauce is super hot; if you don’t want it as hot, then reduce the chili pod to one or even a half of one.
- 1 teaspoon Smart Balance Oil
- ½ chopped sweet roasted bell pepper (jarred)
- 3 sliced Japanese Chili Pods (dried)
- 1 Tablespoon clover honey
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- ½ teaspoon rice vinegar (or use your favorite vinegar)
- ¼ teaspoon soy sauce
Over med heat, add oil and peppers, stir and cook until fragrant. Add the rest of the ingredients, cover, and reduce heat to low; cook for 8 minutes while stirring frequently. Remove from heat; let it cool a bit before chopping further in a food processor.