Translate

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Edible Bowl




I purchased a local grocery’s brand of ready made Phyllo Dough for the first time. I wanted to make an edible 9” bowl.
I followed the box directions for making cups, but instead of cutting 12 pieces I cut them into 4 (using barely any sugar). One by one, I placed each of the 4 cut squares into the lid (for shape and to bake) with more butter in between those layers. I fitted the dough, so it would not hang over the edge, and trimmed what ever little corners remained. It was just like making a Papier-mâché Art (French for chewed paper). This salad would easily be shared by two; however,  the bowl was made using 6 servings “Didn’t want the large bowl to fall apart”. Now I have left over bowl! Maybe the best way to eat this one- would be to pick it up like a slice of pizza.


Salad, romaine lettuce, cucumber, tomato, avocado, turkey, onion and olives.

Honey Mustard Dressing

Yields 2 servings

Ingredients  

1 Tablespoon of each, mayonnaise, mustard (spicy or regular), clove honey. 1/2 Tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and 1/2 Tablespoon of water.  

Whisk ingredients together in a small bowl and serve.

Try this as a sauce for chicken wings.