Translate

Monday, October 22, 2012

Spinach Salad


    
   

Ingredients
  • Fresh baby spinach leaves
  • Diced cucumber
  • Diced celery
  • Chickpeas
  • Chipped carrots
  • Diced onion
  • Balsamic vinegar
  • Smart Balance Oil
  • Parmesan cheese
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Directions
I didn't measure this one. I filled a medium size bowl half way with spinach, added  a little of each   vegetable, tossed slightly and drizzled the oil and vinegar directly onto the salad (just enough to moisten it) then I sprinkled the cheese, salt and pepper on top and tossed again.  This combination of flavors was  brilliant as I ate it immediately after I prepared it. I had some left over the next day; the spinach had wilted, and yet was as much  mouth watering and delicious as  when I prepared it!